IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Enterprise Mobility Management 2017 Vendor Assessment (doc #US42890217, August 2017) report:
The Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) market is on the cusp of a major evolution from smartphone/tablet device management to broader PC and IoT device management use cases. It is logical to extend EMM management functionality to enterprise-focused IoT scenarios that integrate connected office technologies (physical access), connected conference rooms, user/asset location tracking, data entry/transactional kiosks, and wearables.
BlackBerry’s EMM portfolio includes a well-integrated suite of mobile device, application and content management, and enablement capabilities, combined with strong security features and an overall well-integrated solution. BlackBerry’s strong expertise in security technologies, particularly around certificate management, identity and access management/control, and encryption and device policy enforcement makes the company one of the stronger platforms on the market.
Other key points from the IDC MarketScape report include:
- MDM: “[BlackBerry] UEM provides “strong device management configuration and security capabilities, a long-standing strength of BlackBerry.”
- Mobile Application Management: BlackBerry is “one of the stronger MAM solutions on the market” thanks to “strong app-level policy controls and security settings” and the BlackBerry Work software.
- Mobile Content Management: BlackBerry Workspaces is “a strong cloud-centric content management system, with specific features around security, data confidentiality, and rights management.”
For the second year in a row, BlackBerry has achieved the highest score in all six use cases of the Gartner Critical Capabilities for High-Security Mobility Management report (download here).
Out of the 15 vendors evaluated, BlackBerry received the:
– Highest score in High-Security Government Grade
– Highest score in High-Security Commercial
– Highest score in Shared Data
– Highest score in Shared Devices
– Highest score in Non-Employee
– Highest score in Bring Your Own (BYO)