Starting with iOS11 EMM admins can add every iOS device to DEP (Device Enrollment Program). So you don´t need new devices purchased through eligible channels. With Apple Configurator 2.5 or later and a wired connection to the iOS device you can add the devices.
- iOS11 or higher on the device
- MacOS device
- Apple Configurator 2.5 or higher
- DEP Account
- Ensure that iOS11 is installed on the mobile device
- Connect iOS device to MacOS device via cable
- Open Apple Configurator
- Click “Prepare” button
- Check “Add to Device Enrollment Program” and “Activate and complete enrollment”
The other two points are depending on your preference.
- Provide your MDM server Host name or URL
- Define MDM server error message: ignore and click “Next”
- Provide your DEP account
- Configure the rest to meet your preference